Tuesday, June 23, 2009

put the book back.... =)

I love reading books. Yes when i find a boring moment in life and have nothing else to do (or want to do ;]) i will find myself curled up on my bed with a good book. So it was great when i walked into the christian book store and my eyes screened the area of amazing books that would draw me closer to God. (i like to think) I walked in briskly and quickly separated myself from my father to move faster in picking up a book glaring at the cover reading a few pages then deciding whether i should continue that book or not. If not, the same steps repeated until a few books are in my hand and i find a comfy chair =) Now as i watch my dad go up to the line to buy his books i make a quick check that i have everything. Side walk chalk (odd i know but its in my purse) wallet, money, phone, wait.. No phone.. Hmm i open it a little bit wider.. Nothing.
"Well this isn't good" I search in my purse a little more frantically. I then proceed to dump it out on a neighboring chair and stare inside it till their is no possibility a phone could be hiding in my pursue. I sigh as i get more anxious on maybe i did loose my phone. Now its already hot outside but some of the sweat forming on my forehead isn't only from the heat i search under my seat on the sides in the front, back, upside down! nothing. Okay so i breath i know its in that book store!
And im determined to find it!
Me and my dad combed that store pacing up and down racks of books and nothing is found. I talk to the cashier and let them know of my lost phone a brief description and a # to call if they find it.
Defeat is sinking in.
Agh I say a quick prayer in my mind for God to help me find this phone quickly! I then think of a book i had in my hand that i was thinking on buying. i decided against it because my dad called me to leave, not enough time for me to decide or put it back so i shoved it on the nearest shelf and proceeded to leave with my father. A weird conspiracy in my mind forms I bet this store is hiding my phone, i just know it is because i didn't put back that book! I wave the theory from my mind and keep combing the store for that darn phone. After 30 more minutes i was willing to leave the store, phone lost and all i just wanted my sweet sweet couch at home! Then the white book with little fishes floating on the front caught my eye. I laugh as it was the same book i shoved on the shelf to leave in a hurry. I fight with my self on whether to do the nice thing for the employees and put it back or not. Eventually i think why not put it back not like i'm going to be leaving any time soon. So i grab the book and try to remember what isle i grabbed it off of, i make a quick right and a sharp left and wha la i see where i picked it up from. And of course sitting right next to many other copies of the same book i held in my hand was my phone i had been searching for! Thank You Jesus races through my mind and i snatch the phone up and inform the cashier i found it Okay Okay you were right Jesus i should have put the book back in the first place.. =)
[Yes this was my day today but until next time my friends i'm so tired so i will post again soon hopefully]

.:With Love:.
Emily

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, long time no see! lol
    I'm glad you found you phone. This all sounded pretty intense. Whew. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted to meet you! Just found your blog via a friend. I love the title, as it is my heart's cry as well. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to splash around a bit and follow along with you to get to know you better.

    Hugs from Costa Rica,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sarah it was very intense Lol I can't wait for u to visit i'm so excited!!
    And Sarah thank you for posting i'm glad to see someone new =)

    ReplyDelete