Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Is it you Jesus? You might have to yell i can be deaf at times!

[above image borrowed from Lori's blog, thanks]
Okay so I've been thinking allot lately about everything. Its summer so when I'm not trying to find something to do, i read and/or think. Well if you haven't read the above picture please do. after i read it, i had to wonder if i was willing. I want to be so bad. But when i honestly look into my self i have so many doubts.
Am i following the right voice?
Is this what Jesus wants me to do or is this me?
I realize this summer is passing so fast and I feel like i haven't really done anything. The last few weeks of Youth Group has been about the 'rebelution' telling that we are teens but that doesn't mean were to young to change things or live4him. Its about not believing what society tells us that we are strong and just because every1 else has the excuse of well its our teen years its what we do. We party. We have sex. We don't care about anything. Friends I need your prayer desperately i feel stuck in a rut and i have no place to move. Pray for me to hear God's voice I know he is yelling beside my head, running frantically past me waving both hands and I'm still so oblivious. I feel like i'm just coasting past my teen years and i don't want to do that anymore. I want to be open to have God do what ever he wants through me. With out me blocking him out [i like to think i don't but i'm trying to be honest here =) ] Now i don't expect to save the whole world but i want to try to change even little things in me to help me go in he right direction of helping not only myself but hopefully other people too. And Sarah thanks for the verse on your blog =) I looked up Micah 6:8 And what does the lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. so I figure i might as well start there to change my life =)
Wow this post has been allot of me just rambling and telling my thoughts! Thank you for putting up with my unfinished ideas and questions. And of course thank you for the prayer.
[also i now have the blogger mobile so I'm excited to try it, I promise No huge messages from my cell, i might break a finger ;) but some thoughts ever now and then from my day sounds reasonable ]
.:With Love:.
Emily

7 comments:

  1. Great post Emily! I'm so glad that God is stirring your tender heart. :) And remember...sometimes He isn't jumping up and down yelling, trying to get our attention...sometimes He is whispering, patiently waiting for us to slow down and shut up enough to hear His voice. I have to remind myself of that constantly.

    God has big plans for you, I just know it! Never stop seeking Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, it's ok. I ramble too much too. lol
    I'll pray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily!
    Thanks for commenting on and following my blog. It means alot to know that what I have written has encouraged others and is being a blessing.
    Thank YOU as well! The few posts that I have read on your blog have encouraged me heaps! I'm following you too now, and can't wait to keep following your journey.
    God bless you!
    Rachael
    (justagirl4god)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl thanks for following my blog and commenting on it :)
    Also thank you for sharing your heart...I am definately praying so very very hard for you...keep seeking wholeheartedly after the Lord girl!
    Blessings :)
    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Starting next Monday, I will be doing a series on my blog about 'Living a Life of Purity'. I'd love it if you would come check it out and could pass on the word!
    A button for the series is available in my blog's sidebar.
    Thanks!
    justagirl4god

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Emily, you don't need prayer to hear God. He's already speaking to you! Your heart is humble, and the desperation is in you to know Him. I'm thinking God has BIG plans for you!

    you're invited to join me:

    www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

    Just some light, God humor. While you're there, sign up for a game we're playing next week on my blog - a nice prize awaits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily!
    I found your blog by browsing through HIS daughter's followers. You seem like you have a heart for God and a passion to follow Him. It is so hard to hear His voice sometimes. I know I am in the process of learning it.
    Continue to follow after righteousness and He will be with you. Listen for that still small voice that leaves you with a peace that passes all understanding.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete